You do it. I do it too. Seek to please people. Here are ten reasons why being a people pleaser is a really bad idea.
10. You are already who God created you to be. Approval from others shouldn’t be requested because it’s not necessary.
9. People pleasing puts you in the precarious position of feeling powerless to say “no” and then being frustrated when you say “yes”.
8. You downplay your passions and interests for the approval of others.
7. There are better things to be addicted to than external validation.
6. It is not going to be possible to please some people.
5. If you live for people’s acceptance, you will die from their rejection. #Lecrae
4. In trying to please all, he had pleased none. #AesopsFables
3. Pleasing God re-creates you into God’s image. Pleasing others conforms you into people’s image.
2. People pleasing is a sin. It means we elevate people and diminsh God.
1. Being absorbed with what others think about you is quickest and most effective way to disregard what God believes about you.