I can’t believe it’s been two years.
Our first Sunday in worship was March 18th, 2018. We weren’t quite ready. Lots of staff and volunteers worked around the clock for a solid week to make our grand opening happen. So many donors sacrificed to make this dream a reality.
Since that day our church has grown by 80%. WE are one of the fastest growing United Methodist Churches in the country. It has been such a joy to welcome so many into our family. We are doing two baptisms and welcoming dozens of new members this morning. So much other stuff has happened in the last 730 days.
- We welcomed children. Lots of them. Over 2,000 children participated in Vacation Bible School, an Easter Egg Hunt, and Trunk or Treat.
- When the weather didn’t cooperate, hundreds of high school students from all over the metro area gathered and took pictures before their proms.
- Five preschools held their graduations and were grateful for our hospitality.
- Our youth ministry has its own home. The building is full of middle school students and their leaders on Wednesday nights. It is so cool to see.
- Our children’s ministry has launched a weeknight ministry. It is off to a great start!
- WE University was created. 150 adults participated this spring.
- Thousands of people have worshipped in our facility during some of life’s best and most difficult moments: weddings and funerals.
- Our live stream congregation has grown by over 220% and keeps growing every week.
- About 2,700 people worshipped during seven Christmas Eve worship experiences.
- We hosted a benefit for a missionary with cancer that raised over $100,000 for her medical care.
- Hundreds of church leaders from all over the Midwest received training on starting new ministries.
It has been a great two years. I am grateful I got to share them with you. And I am excited about the years to come. We will have many more firsts and many more bests.
- I invite you to join me in praying for The Water’s Edge daily.
- That WE love more and love better.
- That WE lead the way in generosity.
- That WE use our building to share God’s amazing love with our great cities.
- That our family will grow in size.
- And that WE will all grow closer to Christ together.